Monday, April 13, 2009

Am I a Francophile?

I seem to think so.

Books I'm reading as of today. From Shakespeare & Co.

Paris Mind by Jennifer Lee.

A collection of anecdotes, notes and essays from writers who have lived in Paris. Including from Hemingway, Sylvia Bleach who opened the original Shakespeare & Co. and T.S. Eliot.

French or Foe by Polly Platt

Not ready my cup of tea, but I laughing inside while reading some inserts from the book. Especially about this American guy who went to buy a baguette in one of those artisan boulangerie in Paris, and as normally they only wrap your bread in a tiny paper sack, crunched it at the ends, without an actual paper-bag, but a sheet of paper. So he asked for a sac and the old lady actually said NO and he dropped the baguette on his way out, on to a doggy-mess. So he went in again to asked for a free baguette as it was the lady's fault he said, and anyway, it all ended up a mess and she tried to call the police! ha-ha. I have to read this!


p.s: If you're in Paris, go to their bookshop, the pink blossoms are beautiful at the moment. Totally a kodak-moment.

See what I mean. Seriously.

No comments: