Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Happy Good Friday everyone! It's Easter Weekend in Paris and everyone else who celebrate :)

I walked past Le Bon Marche today and spotted these babies on their window display.

Oops the last baby had its bon bon to us.


Aren't they just the most cutey little thing!! in a kinda strange way.

I was curious to check out Musee de la Vie Romantique on the 9th arrondissement today, so in the afternoon I made a quick visit there. It was drizzling when I got inside, the weather been a bit unpredictable today. Hopefully the weekend will be better.

On the way there, I passed l'Eglise Sainte-Trinite, just a few blocks away from Galeries Lafayette and Le Printemps. Beautiful old church surrounded by pink spring flowers. I don't know why I always take picture of old churches whenever I pass them around Paris, maybe because the old buildings reminds me of those classic Dracula movies I used to watch with my sister...Oh I'm being so random now. I especially miss watching "Interview With The Vampire"

To quote from the Museum sheet, "The museum used to be a house of Dutch-born painter Ary Scheffer (1795-1858). It was built in 1830, and remained in the Scheffer-Renan-Psichari-Ciohan family, til it was turned into a museum of the City of Paris in 1983"

The museum on 16 Rue Chaptal, is quite hidden amindst the long walkaway gate and situated next to juniour school and hausmannian apartments. I actually prefer going to smaller museums like this, less people inside, I don't get headaches and I can take as long as I want. And I got to chat with the attendants, Non, Je suis en Indonesie (not Japanese, thanks for asking), mais J'habite en Australie (ah..Australie...awkward silence...), et..maintenant, J'etudie francaise a l'Alliance Francaise... bla bla...

Inside one of the five rooms in Musee de la Vie Romantique. So dramatic and too riche European for me. It looks like it came from a scene of Interview with The Vampire...

Look who I met while inside, Lestat and Louis.

Just kidding.
Au revoir, been there done that...

Around Rue Notre Dame de lorette, close to Pigalle.

One of my favourite metro in Paris, St-Georges line 12, it goes straight to my stop too at Solferino. Again, I can't get enough of the pink blossoms in Paris.

Another perfect end to the day when I see one these babies. This one at Rue du Bac.

No comments: