Thursday, April 9, 2009

Le Soleil au Musee d'Orsay

Cafe Les Deux Musees outside of Musee d'Orsay. Very popular with tourists and students waiting for the after-peak hour.

Um..not too sure what is going on about the free museum pass, but I had to pay my way in to Musee d'Orsay today. Je viens d'aller Musee d'Orsay...! there you go, learned about passe recent today just before class finishes! it means the activities that just happened. Emphasis on the just.
After spending some time doing homework by the steps of the museum and watching some hungry birds eating crumbs...and spotting students who were clearly sunbathing in their tank tops, I decided it's probably time to conquer Musee d'Orsay!
Previously a train station. Most of the railings are from the original period.

Standing on top of mini-sized buildings under this transparent glass. Pretty cool.

These are some of the paintings that...if I'm rich enough, I would buy them and hang them in my house.

La Femme a l'Ombrelle by Aristide Maillol, vers 1895.
Look at her expression! the slight frown near her eyes and the pout of the lips, ah exactly the attitude of a french woman.


Naissance de Venus, by William Bouguereau, 1879.

L'atelier de Bazille, rue de la Condamine, by Frederic Bazille, 1870.
The atelier or studio of a painter, with other painters discussing their works, sharing history, making history and painting history. I especially liked the ambiance of the space, ideas being thrown between each other, ideas...random things...and playing a piano in the corner. So alive.

Olympia, Edouard Manet, 1885. Shocked a lot of people at that time, but it is now considered one of the pioneer painting of Modern Art. After all he did created Impressionism...

Soir d'Octobre by Maurice Denis, 1891.

Portrait Mademoiselle L.L by James Tissot, 1864
Cute red jacket, used to have a dress with those little pom poms when I was small and would probably wear it again if I still have it.

Femmes au Jardin by Claude Monet of course. 1867.

Irma Brunner, La Femme au Chapeau Noir by Edouard Manet, 1880-1882.

You can tell by the selection that I am such a sucker for Impressionist paintings :)))))

Grabbed my lunch today at this boulangerie on Rue de Cherche-Midi and Rue Saint-Placide. Cheap and pretty good. Cost me 2.60euro for a sandwich d'emmenthal buerre, rather than the 3.20euro I usually forked out.

A really vintage looking mini on Rue l'Univeriste, for the third time spotted on this particular street, and on my way home! Cool.

Look I managed to catched those two ladies in their balcony! an accidental click on the camera.

Tomorrow its Easter Friday. Jour de Paques is what French people call it. I'm still miserable thinking whether I should go to Belgium or not...and see 'Girl with The Pearl Earring' in Den Haag. Or should I just spend the weekend doing heaps of free museum visits...?

No comments: