Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chocolate Almonds Croissant at Rue Mouffetard

This morning I wanted to see Rue Mouffetard, one of most popular food market in Paris and although it has become a tourist destination (meaning overpriced and mediocre) I was still anxious. And my stomach was growling (as it does in the morning). The 'crois de chocolate avec amandes' (chocolate croissant with almonds filling) oh it was divine! I bought it from Les Panetons, just at the start of Rue Mouffetard. For 1.40E it was worth every bite! (cheap I think)...
I found the market just ok, I mean I would go back to try the small creperies along the alleys, actually I might go back next week to try it. I find that Rue Mouffetard isn't really about buying actual fruits or breads or cheeses to stock in your home(like in Melbourne's Victoria Market or South Melbourne Market) they are more for the eyes only, to see and to say "ah..." other than that I think most Parisians buy their groceries from their local suburbias markets. Fair to say, Rue Mouffetard is located quite in the central near tourists attractions so I guess it is just a tourists attraction. Ok I should stop blabbering.

Voila...my bite marks on the chocolate almonds croissant...


creperie a emporter (to take away)

No comments: